Warehouse Associate – Permanent part-time
Approximately 35 hours per week with Saturday’s availability a must
Apply in person at 708 Connecticut St. M-F 9-5
Ask for application at front counter.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
* Able to lift at least 50 lbs. and use equipment to assist moving of product. (Some days this is a repetitive task.)
* Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
* Friendly and courteous with good customer service skills.
* Displays abundant patience with customers, volunteers, and donors.
* Excellent communication skills and willingness to complete training and work with team to increase customer satisfaction and sales. We emphasize that applicant must be able to work with co-workers, volunteers, and management in a positive team atmosphere.
* Ability to read and write simple correspondence and instructions. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations. Proper phone etiquette ability.
* Ability to add and subtract, figure percentages, and correctly use a measuring tape and calculator.
* Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to calmly listen to customers and offer solutions.
* Familiarity with the Microsoft Office software, and an ability to use computers and basic software with little or no instruction.
* Able to work outdoors, even in inclement weather. Also able to work with dirty products as the nature of materials sold may be used building materials. (Not appropriate for folks with extreme allergies to dust related triggers.)
* Able to safely operate and drive a 16′ box truck.
* Willingness to safely move heavy donations using dollies, carts, and other provided tools, as well as seek the help of others when team lifting is necessary.
Part-time plus, approximately 35 hours per week, Saturdays a must
Attendance and punctuality are priorities for this position; each work day begins at 8:30a.m. SHARP.
ReStore Manager or Senior Staff if Manager is not available
* Will pick up donations as directed by ReStore Manager.
* Will drive the ReStore’s 16′ box truck or pickup in order to accomplish donation pick-up.
* Will assist other Warehouse Associates and ReStore Manager in keeping all ReStore pick-up equipment clean and well-maintained.
* Will assist other staff and volunteers with moving donations and purchases in and out of vehicles and the facility.
* Will provide training and supervision to volunteers as needed. Emphasis put on being able to work well with others and to utilize them consistently on a daily basis.
* Will identify and communicate to store management any needs for picking up donations more efficiently and more safely.
* Will assist store management with keeping the warehouse clean and organized.
* Will physically clean, price, and stock donations.
* Will price materials following guidelines set by store management—training period provided.
* Will maintain assigned departments in clean, orderly, and well merchandised fashion, assuring that all product is priced and correctly labeled.
* Will be available to work approximately 35 hours per week.
* Will perform other duties as directed by management.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, this position:
* Requires the physical ability to sit, walk, and/or stand for prolonged periods of time. This individual must also have the use of all senses, to include, but not limited to sight, hearing, smell and taste while possessing the ability to stand, stoop, bend, grasp, and/or hold to complete warehouse, sales floor, and dock related work. The normal work place will be out of the office and in the warehouse, box truck, storage building, and sales floor. While the LHFH offices are smoke-free and temperature controlled, a majority of the work may be in non temperature-controlled conditions, often outdoors.
* This position requires people who are able to safely lift at least 50-75 lbs. on a regular and frequent basis; using proper equipment and team lifting methods.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, or disability.
If considered for this position, applicant must be willing to complete a drug screening and physical examination. Retainment of position will be determined following a 30 day evaluation.