» Cars for Homes donation process
Cars for Homes donation process
To start you the donation process of your vehicle, you can call toll free 1-877-277-4344 or start your car, truck, boat, RV or motorcycle donation online by clicking here.
What information you will need to provide:
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Make & Model of vehicle
- Current mileage
Most vehicles with proper title information are accepted, unless the costs of processing and towing fees are more than the auction value of the vehicle.
What happens after your vehicle is accepted:
- You will be given instructions about processing the vehicle’s title. If the title can not be located, assistance is available.
- Your donated vehicle is then assigned for pick-up & sale.
- Arrangements are made to process the title.
- You will be contacted to coordinate the key and vehicle pickup by a licensed & insured member of Advanced Renetworking Professionals network of contractors. ARN is Habitat’s authorized agent for their Cars for Homes program.
What happens after your vehicle is picked up:
- Your vehicle is sold through a national network of diverse venues on behalf of Habitat for Humanity.
- You will receive an acknowledgement letter once the car is sold thanking you for your donation and support, with the vehicle’s sale information.
- This letter can be used as a receipt for tax deduction purposes.
- Additional tax documents will be provided when required by IRS regulations.
Ready to get started?
Click the banner below to start your donation!